- Site applied water based
- Ceramic Product
- Water borne technology
- Low Odor
- Low VOC (under 125)
- Superior abrasion resistance
- Superior mar and scratch resistance
- Superior slip resistance
- Superior resistance against chemicals like disinfectants (excluding Iodine and Hair dye)
- Three step application process (Primer, Ceramic Armor, Shield)
- For commercial applications and all heavy traffic areas Professional Shield needs to be catalyzed with WearMax Cross-linker
- Clear appearance
- Three different gloss values available (Matte 18-22, Satin 40-45, Gloss 55-60)
- Complete Floor finish System for commercial applications
- WearMax Advanced Ceramic finish is meant to be applied on Wood
- Covered by 2-Year commercial and lifetime residential warranty against wear through*
Warranty valid if the coating is applied by a contractor that is certified by Trustor Coatings or KraGil Inc. or certified training instructor from either manufacturer.
For a closer look at the WearMax Advanced Ceramic product check out this video: click here
WearMax Advanced Ceramic finish is a uniquely different finish formulated expressly for the commercial environment. It has the industry’s only written commercial warranty against wear through. KraGil Inc has trained specialists who have been certified by the factory to apply this special coating system. They are a highly skilled group of technicians who take pride in their work. WearMax Advanced Ceramic must be applied by one of these trained specialists in order for the warranty to be valid. A signed copy of the warranty must be on record at KraGil Inc. at its corporate office in Center City, Minnesota. This is our assurance that only the properly qualified technicians will be on the job. You can get a listing of technicians on our Certified Contractor's page.
WearMax Advanced Ceramic System is a three step system. Ceramic Adhesion Primer or High Build Sealer, one coat of Advance Ceramic Armor, and one coat of catalyzed Shield. One, two, three, you can have foot traffic 5 hours after the last coat is applied in most cases.
CAUTION: Advanced Ceramic contains small amounts of N-methyl-2-Pyrrolidone and Glycol ethers. Do not breathe vapors or spray mists. Wear appreciate, properly fitted respirator. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Change clothing immediately when contaminated. Wash thoroughly after use. Use with adequate ventilation. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not store above 120° F.
Important (Must Read):
- Stir Thoroughly Each Time Before Pouring
- Before using, read all directions and MSDS sheets
- For experienced professional use only! Before using, call KraGil Inc. for technical advice if
- Do not thin
- Keep from freezing
- Working Temperature: 50-90 degrees Fahrenheit
- The armor will dry with a very dull and sandy finish
- Each coat must be thoroughly dry before applying the next coat
- Use a moisture meter to determine the dryness of each coat
- Do not extend the drying time of the armor beyond 24 hours before applying shield
- All drying times are based on 70 degrees Fahrenheit and 50% humidity in the room where
the finish is being applied
- Variation in temperature and humidity will affect drying times.
- Use a moisture meter to determine if it is dry (within 1% of woods original moisture level)
New/Unfinished Wood Floors:
- After the floor has been sanded in accordance with the NOFMA or NWFA recommendations,
vacuum and tack thoroughly. Remember that you cannot use the same T-Bar sleeve and
roller sleeve for all coats. Each different coat has to have its own sleeve and roller. Three
different products mean three different sleeves and rollers. Make sure you wash out each
sleeve and roller sleeve after each application each time with clean water no soaps or solvents.
- Check the moisture level of your wood with a moisture meter before you start.
- You do not have to roll primers and sealers. (You must use a different t-bar sleeve for each
- Apply stains according to manufacturers specs before Priming or if you use Hydroil you need
one liberal coat of Hydroil with one coat of High build sealer over the top instead of two coats
of Advanced Ceramic Primer. Note: Hydroil takes 18-24 hour to dry before you can add sealer
coat. If you use Hydroil skip to step 5.
- Apply two coats of Advanced Ceramic Primer with T-Bar. Allow 45 minutes to one hour for first
coats to dry. Check dryness with a moisture meter. You must be within 1% of where the floor
started out. After first coat of Primer is determined to be dry, then apply second coat of
Advanced Ceramic Primer. Do not buff between coats. Allow 2-3 hours for second coat of
Advanced Ceramic Primer to dry. Check with moisture meter to determine dryness (within 1%).
- After second coat of Advanced Ceramic Primer is dried to within 1%, buff with a maroon pad.
Vacuum and tack with a clean damp towel.
- Change the sleeve on your T-Bar to a new one and ready your roller assembly. Next apply the
Advanced Ceramic Armor. Due to shipping, the ceramic may settle to the bottom of the
container. Stir vigorously, until it is lump free. Strain the Armor with a metal strainer before
applying and always stir before each pour to make sure the ceramic is suspended and evenly
dispersed. Pour a 4-6 inch band of Advanced Ceramic Armor, with a T-bar and a new sleeve
using a snowplow motion to spread, always keeping a wet front edge. Then roll that same area
before pouring a new band using a new roller; you should roll the Armor to disperse it more
evenly. You should get approximately 700-800 sq ft per gallon on the Advanced Ceramic Armor.
Feather out all turns as usual and roll. Allow 2-3 hours for the Advanced Ceramic Armor to dry.
Use a moisture meter to determine if it is dry (within 1% of woods original moisture level). Do
not screen the Advanced Ceramic Armor!
- Change T-Bar sleeve and roller sleeve to a new one. After the Armor is dry, apply the Advanced
Ceramic Shield. Apply a 4-6 inch band of Advanced Ceramic Shield with a T-bar and a new
sleeve using a snowplow motion always keeping a wet edge. Then roll that same area before
pouring a new band using a new roller; you should roll the Shield to disperse it more evenly.
You should get approximately 700-800 sq ft per gallon on the Advanced Ceramic Shield. Feather
out all turns as usual and roll. Allow 2-3 hours for the Advanced Ceramic Shield to dry. Always
strain the Advanced Ceramic Shield before applying and occasionally stir between pours.
Feather out all turns and stops. Allow 4-6 hours to dry before allowing foot traffic.
Re-coating Previously Finished Floors:
- After the floor has been sanded in accordance with the NOFMA or NWFA recommendations,
vacuum and tack thoroughly. Apply stains according to manufacturers spec before Priming or if
you use Hydroil you need one liberal coat of Hydroil and one coat of Advanced Ceramic High
Build Sealer over the top instead of two coats of Advanced Ceramic Primer.
- Apply Advanced Ceramic High Build Sealer with a T-Bar. Allow 2-3 hours to dry. Check dryness with a moisture meter (within 1% of Start).
- After the Advanced Ceramic High Build Sealer is dry, buff with a maroon pad. Vacuum and tack.
- Follow steps 5 - 8 in new floor process.
- Floors must be free of wax, silicone, paraffin and oil residue. If in doubt, you must sand the
floor before applying WearMax products.
- Appropriately abrade the floor. Some finishes will require heavier screening. Make sure you get
good abrasion everywhere but do not screen through to the wood. Do a test area if possible in
a closet or inconspicuous area to make sure it adheres property.
- Vacuum and tack thoroughly.
- Follow steps 2-4 on re-sanded floors.
Curing: Four to six hours after the Advanced Ceramic Shield is applied, you may walk on the
WearMax finish with stocking feet. After 24 hours normal foot traffic can begin. Do not bring
furniture back for 48 hours. Always protect the finish when moving heavy objects like furniture
- Clarity - Clears when dry
- Leveling - Excellent
- De-foaming - Excellent
- Freeze Thaw Stable - Yes
- Dry Time - Minimum 3 hr (each coat)
- Shelf Life - 1 year
Caution: Contains small amounts of N-methyl-2 Pyrrolidone and Glycol ethers. Do not breathe
vapors or spray mists. Wear appropriate, properly fitted respirator. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and
clothing. Change clothing immediately when contaminated. Wash thoroughly after use. Use with
adequate ventilation. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not store above 120 degrees
First Aid: In case of eye contact, flush immediately with water and get medical attention. For skin,
wash thoroughly with soap and water. If affected by inhalation, remove to fresh air. If swallowed, get
medical attention. Keep out of reach of children.
- Sealer 350-400 feet per gallon
- Armor 700-800 feet per gallon
- Shield 700-800 feet per gallon
* All spread rates based on square edge floors. Beveled or floors with large cracks will use more finish.
KraGil Inc. recommends some general maintenance guidelines. However, every environment is different, and we encourage all of our users to call KraGil Inc. for individual maintenance recommendations that may better suit their needs.
- Use quality walk off mats in entry ways or areas where grease build up may occur. This may also help to prevent grit from damaging your floor.
- Use felt furniture rests on all furniture. As a rule of thumb, the heavier the furniture, the wider the floor protector should be. Felt rests are your best choice. Replace them every 4-6 months for best results.
- Use only WearMax cleaner as recommended for your regular maintenance. It is specially formulated for WearMax.
- Avoid sharp objects such as stiletto heels, pet nails, or unprotected furniture legs. All wood will dent and all finishes can be scratched.
- When moving heavy objects do not slide them across the floor. Picking them up and setting them down is the best method. If that is not possible, then always put down a panel on top of finished surfaces first to protect the floor, and to move the object across the panel.
The WearMax Warranty
The WearMax Advanced (Ceramic) finish is warrantied against wear through to the substrate for 2 years from date of application Commercially and Lifetime Residential Warranty subject to the following conditions:
- The finish is to be used indoors only
- The finish must be applied by a factory trained and certified technician
- You can call KraGil Inc. for a current list of certified contractors in your area
- WearMax must be applied according to published recommendations
- The finish must be maintained as recommended by KraGil Inc
- The surface wear must not have occurred as a result of improper maintenance, or damage caused by denting, scratching, or cutting
- The surface wear must be readily visible in 10% of the area coated with WearMax Advanced (Ceramic) finish
- The Commercial projects must be approved in writing in advance by KraGil Inc. or KraGil Inc. has the right to refuse the warranty.
What is NOT covered by the warranty
KraGil Inc. warranties do not cover indentations, scratches, or damage caused by negligence, or water saturation. The warranty does not cover any alteration to the product, material applied by anon-certified contractor, improper maintenance, insufficient protection, or exposure to extreme heat or cold for a period of 72 hours or more (below 50 degrees Fahrenheit and above 90 degrees Fahrenheit).
This warranty is the complete and exclusive statement of the warranty, and is in lieu of all other express and/or statutory warranties. KraGil Inc. assumes no liability for incidental or consequential damages.
Manufacturer will only replace defective product. Under no circumstance will manufacturer be responsible for cost of application labor, refinishing expense, or any other costs in excess of a refund of the purchase price of the container.
KraGil Inc.'s responsibility is limited to the cost of the finish if wear through occurs in 10% of the area coated with WearMax Advanced (Ceramic) finish.
If You Have a Warranty Claim
Contact KraGil Inc. Customer Service Center 612.605.1864 during normal business hours. Please be prepared to give the Customer Service Specialist information related to your purchase, such as product number, purchase date, retailer name and address and telephone number. You will receive additional instructions for filing the claim at the time of your call.
Warranty Claim Form
Technical Data Sheets (TDS)